- Detailed terrestrial flora and fauna surveys (including T&E surveys).
- Sediment triad studies that included in situ toxicity testing
- Amphibian reproduction and development evaluations.
- Mink reproduction and development studies.
- In situ tree swallow reproduction, developmental and bioaccumulation studies
- Fish toxicity studies using egg injection techniques, biomarker monitoring, and multi-generational effects analysis.
- Fish tissue collections and contaminant body-burden monitoring.
- Sensitive community identifications and numerous tissue residue evaluations.
As part of the larger Housatonic River Project (see Remediation Solutions section for more information), Bluestone staff have directed and performed extensive biological studies for inclusion into the ecological risk assessment including the following:
Our Team has also been involved with innovative statistical approaches for assessing ecological risk, including Monte Carlo analysis, probability bounds analysis and geostatistical analysis (e.g., Thiessen polygons, inverse distance weighting, and nearest neighbor analysis) to determine exposure concentrations.
Copyright ©2023 Bluestone Environmental Group, Inc.