Through multiple contracts over the past three years, Bluestone has performed the regional air media compliance support for several sites in the Maryland and Washington DC area.
Title V Installations serviced include: NSA Annapolis, NSA Bethesda, Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, NAS Patuxent River, NSF Indian Head and Washington Navy Yard. Installations with synthetic minor permits include NSWC Carderock, US Naval Observatory and NSF Arlington. Activities conducted include the following:
- Annual Compliance Certification Reports (CCRs) – Bluestone has prepared CCRs for the Installations listed above since 2016.
- Annual Emissions Certification Reports (ECRs) – For the past three years, the Bluestone team collected and compiled the information require to complete the ECRs required by the State of Maryland, and District of Columbia, for the emission units on the Installation specific Title V permits. The data included emissions for various boilers, emergency generators, paint spray booths, degreasers, and miscellaneous units.
- Six-Month Monitoring (SIXMON) Reports – Bluestone drafted the SIXMONs for Maryland Installations every six months under these contracts. As part of this subtask, Bluestone conducts semi-annual reviews of the Title V sources within Installations, to determine compliance with applicable monitoring requirements.
- Annual Visible Emissions Certification Reports – For the past three years, Bluestone has prepared Annual Visible Emissions Certification Reports for APG for boilers within Maryland Installations. These reports summarize the field observations and include boiler location, date of opacity determination, and results of opacity determination.
- Semi-Annual Safety Determinations for Open Burning – Bluestone has prepared Semi-Annual Open Burn Safety Determinations for Maryland Installations. The Installation’s reports of anticipated or expected safety determinations is required under Code of Maryland Regulations 26.11.07.06A(4), Open Fires and Safety Determinations at Federal Facilities.
- Annual Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Reporting – Bluestone has submitted greenhouse gas data to the US Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA’s) e-GRRT system for certification by the Installation-specific Air Program Manager.
- Title V Renewal Packages – In 2018-2019, Bluestone prepared draft renewal applications for the existing CAA Title V – Part 70 Operating Permits for the Naval Support Activity Annapolis, and Naval Support Facility Indian Head.
- Synthetic Minor Permit Applications – In 2018-2019, Bluestone prepared a synthetic minor permit application for Naval Support Facility Carderock.
- Ozone Depleting Substances Inventories – Bluestone performed multiple ODS inventories at NSA Bethesda, JBAB, NAS Patuxent River, and US Naval Observatory. Bluestone provided an update of the existing refrigerant inventories and management plans. This effort included a building-by-building inventory of refrigerant/ODS-containing equipment, review/revision of the existing management plan to incorporate any changes to the installation inventory or associated regulations, and the creation of an updated ODS/Refrigerant Management Plans and Inventory which includes the collected unit specific information.
Copyright ©2020 Bluestone Environmental Group, Inc. | Website Design by Media Proper
Website Design by Media Proper
Please help us welcome Doug DeFazio to Bluestone! Doug has more than 35 years of experience and expertise creating new service lines for emerging and seasoned businesses, establishing new clients for existing services, opening new geographic opportunities nationwide, and starting new operations. At Bluestone, Doug is working with Leadership to enhance client services and develop both an effective long-term strategic plan, and an implementable weekly action plan, to help continue the growth and profitability of the firm.